Vocabulary prediction is a task that aims to predict the entire vocabulary of language learners from small size vocabulary tests (COLING 2012, EMNLP 2014). Possible applications are low-cost selection of good translators (IJCAI 2016), and reading support for language learners (ACM TIST 2013, IUI 2010).
If you are interested in the task, please contact me freely!!
Vocabulary prediction papers:
- Yo Ehara, Yukino Baba, Masao Utiyama, Eiichiro Sumita. Assessing Translation Ability through Vocabulary Ability Assessment. In the Proceedings of the 25th International Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence (IJCAI-16). New York, USA. (acceptance rate: below 25%)
- Yo Ehara, Nobuyuki Shimizu, Takashi Ninomiya, Hiroshi Nakagawa. Personalized Reading Support for Second-Language Web Documents. ACM Transactions on Intelligent Systems and Technology, 4(2), Article 31. March 2013 (accepted Apr. 2011). (2014 Impact Factor 9.39)
- Yo Ehara, Yusuke Miyao, Hidekazu Oiwa, Issei Sato, Hiroshi Nakagawa. Formalizing Word Sampling for Vocabulary Prediction as Graph-based Active Learning. In the Proceedings of the 2014 Conference on Empirical Methods in Natural Language Processing (EMNLP-2014). pp. 1374-1384 (Long paper). Doha, Qatar, October 2014. (acceptance rate 29%) bib paper poster supplementary
- Yo Ehara, Issei Sato, Hidekazu Oiwa, Hiroshi Nakagawa. Mining words in the minds of second language learners: learner-specific word difficulty. In the Proceedings of the 24th International Conference on Computational Linguistics (COLING-2012). pp. 799-814 (Long paper). Mumbai, India, December 2012. bib draft
- Yo Ehara, Nobuyuki Shimizu, Takashi Ninomiya, Hiroshi Nakagawa. Personalized Reading Support for Second-Language Web Documents by Collective Intelligence. In the Proceedings of the 2010 International Conference on Intelligent User Interfaces (IUI 2010). pp. 51-60. Hong Kong, China, February 2010. (acceptance rate 22%) bib slides dataset